Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The first Sunday of Lent

Today is the first Sunday of Lent.  Here's the Introit from today's Mass; Psalm 90;

"When he calls me, I will answer him; I will rescue him and honor him; with my long life I will satisfy him.  He who abides in the shelter of the Most High, shall remain under the protection of the God of Heaven"

And from the Preface;

"...His fast of forty days makes this a holy season of self-denial.  By rejecting the devil's temptations he has taught us to rid ourselves of the hidden corruption of evil, and so to share his paschal meal in purity of heart, until we come to its fulfilment in the promised land of heaven..."
Let's us pray for our own purity of heart so that we too may earn the promised land of heaven.


"Ite ad Joseph!"
 

No comments: